Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The point of writing a novel...

So, why am I writing this blog?  I had intended to do this since the day J was born, although back then it would have included pen and paper, not a keyboard and monitor.  I had started a few riding journals over the past eight years, but my lifelong affliction of procrastination, laziness and I've-got-better-things-to-do-ness got in the way.  So I'm hoping that, because I can type faster then I write, I will actually commit to this and follow through, but that remains to be seen.  It will all hinge on how busy I am at work... ha ha. 

So, back to the original question.  I hope to write down my mistakes, my triumphs and everything in-between, learning from it all in the process.  I seem to suffer from long term memory issues, only remembering the lessons that I have recently learned and forgetting all that I have built on.  So maybe this will help link all of these lessons together.  I frequently find myself in a lesson, being told to do something by Shelley, and thinking "oh yeah, I remember this from last YEAR!" YIKES!!  Dressage is constant building blocks, and sometimes the building blocks at the bottom of the pyramid seem to disappear into the upper building blocks, which does not work!  So I am hoping that I can look back on this and another learning tool in my pursuit of this sometimes impossible sport called dressage!

So, if no one reads this, that is okay.  I'm not even sure how many people I will tell about it.  But I hope that it is a little more successful then my previous attempts!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment