Friday, February 4, 2011

Making an official record...

So not extremely important, but I have to take note.  I actually took apart my bridle today... and cleaned the entire thing, every crevice, every millimeter of sticky crud, stuck-on peppermint saliva and dried up feed that was slobbered all over it.  What brought about this tedious feat?  Well, J is getting new bling of course! 

I ordered an absolutely stunning hand-strung browband from Janet Quinn at Crown Jewel Design.  This is no ordinary browband, but is strung with only the finest swarovski crystals and 24 karat gold rondells.  Now I would never spend this kind of money on a piece of my own jewelry, but with a nice contribution from my generous father, it is nothing but the best for my little golden boy.  LOL!  So I had to take my old browband off my bridle to measure for the new one. And with that I reasoned that I should clean it since I had gone through all the effort to use a screwdriver to pry apart the nearly permanent dirt encrusted buckles.



And just for fun, I've attached a picture of the beautiful beads for the browband, but just on the strand as they are not sewn onto the black leather browband yet.  The beads are garnet and golden topaz.  I think it will look really great!   http://www.crownjewelsdesign.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment